Dr. Cunxi Yu is an Assistant Professor in the ECE Department at the University of Maryland, College Park. His research interests focus on novel algorithms, systems, and hardware designs for computing and security. Before joining University of Maryland, Cunxi was Assistant Professor at University of Utah, and held PostDoc positions at Cornell University and EPFL. He received Ph.D. degree from UMass Amherst in 2017. His work received the Best Paper Award at DAC (2023), best paper nominations at ASP-DAC (2017), TCAD (2018), and 1st place at DAC HackDAC (2017), NSF CAREER Award (2021), and American Physical Society DLS poster award (2022). He served as Organizing Committee in IWLS, ICCD, VLSI-SoC, ASAP, as a TPC member in ICCAD, DATE, ASP-DAC, DAC, and panelist/reviewer for several funding agencies.
Dr. Yu is actively recruiting self-motivated Ph.D. students in broad aspects of computing engineering, with focuses on 1) ML/RL for combinatorial optimization, 2) Optical AI system, and 3) EDA and Formal Methods.
- Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC 2023)
- American Physics Society (APS) - Division of Laser Science Poster Honorable Mention (2022)
- NSF CAREER Award (2021)
- Best Paper Nomination, IEEE/ACM ASP-DAC (ASP-DAC 2017)
- HackDAC Security Contest First Place, Design Automation Conference (DAC 2017)
- ACM/IEEE IWLS IBM Student Grant (2017)
- IEEE TVLSI Travel Grant (2016)
- IEEE TCAD Best Paper Nomination (2016)
Design automation, Machine Learning, Computer Systems, Optical Computing