- Ph.D., Aalborg University, 2004
- M.Sc., Aalborg University, 1997
- Association for Women in Science
- International Society for Microbial Ecology
- The Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
- American Society for Microbiology (Maryland Branch)
- American Society for Microbiology
- Diversity and activity of microbial biofilms in complex microbial systems such as sediment, stormwater, soil, groundwater, and the human body
- Biodegradation and bioremediation of persistent organic pollutants incl. polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), Chlorinated solvents (PCR/TCE) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Wastewater Based Epidemiology (WBE): SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater
- Biocorrosion in drinking water and oil distribution pipelines
- Invertebrate host-pathogen model Caenorhabditis elegans for in vivo biofilm infections
A research team led by UMD’s Allison Reilly examines a growing hazard.
Solution aims to reduce discomfort for workers, ensure safety
DoD taps UMD expertise to tackle risks of stormwater contamination.