3129 Glenn L. Martin Hall, Building 088
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, Society of Plastics Engineers (May 2005)
- Lilly-CTE Teaching Fellow, 1996-1997
- School of Engineering Faculty Service Award
- Society of Plastics Engineers, Extrusion Division Board of Directors, chair
- Conference Section Moderator; Polymer Processing Society
- Technical review panel, Extrusion Division for the Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers
- Reviewer, Polymer Engineering and Science Journal, International Polymer Processing Journal, Amer. Inst. Of Chem. Eng. Journal
- Chair, Teaching Excellence Committee for Clark School of Engineering
Polymer processing with a focus on mixing dynamics and controls Quality improvement of corporate practices through Lean Six Sigma (BlackBelt)
- Bigio, D., and C.T. Yang, “Mixing Design for Foam Extrusion: Analysis and Practice,” in Principles of Thermoplastic Foam Extrusion, Technomatic Publishing Inc., 2000.
- Gao, J., D. Bigio, G. Walsh, and R. Briber, “A Residence Time Distribution Model for Twin Screw Extruders,” AIChE J., Vol. 45, No. 12, pp. 2541-2549, 1999.
- Yang, C., T. Smith, D. Bigio, and C. Anolick, “Polymer Trace Devolatilization: Part I. Foaming Experiments and Model Development,” AIChE J., Vol. 43, No.4, pp. 1874-1890, 1997.
- Yang, C., T. Smith, D. Bigio and C. Anolick, “Polymer Trace Devolatilization: Part II. Case Study and Experimental Verification,” AIChE J., Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 1861-1873, 1997.
- Kang, J., D. Bigio and T. Smith, “Break-up Mechanisms in a Cavity Flow,” AIChE J., Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 649-659, 1996.
Engineering Outreach Through Next-Generation GOALKitsHands-on learning gets a new twist with a design created by UMD students.
Mighty Morphing 3D PrintingUMD engineers demonstrate a new shape-changing nozzle that could revolutionize “4D Printing” applications.
Investing in Environmentally Responsible EngineeringA grant from The Lemelson Foundation will accelerate environmentally and socially responsible engineering through innovation in undergraduate curricula.
Other professional society fellows
- Society of Plastics Engineers