- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1962
- Professional Engineer, States of Maryland and New York
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- 1995 Maryland Association for Higher Learning Outstanding Educator Award: Outstanding Administrator
- 1995 Best Paper Award, ASME (shared)
- 1996 Senior Faculty Teaching Award, A. James Clark School of Engineering
- 1996 Pi Tau Sigma Special Faculty Award
- 1996 Boeing Outstanding Educator Award (shared)
Reviewer, Journal of Shock and Vibration
Product engineering and manufacturing Shock and vibrations
- Schmidt, L., G. Zhang, J. Herrmann, G. Dieter, and P. Cunniff, "Product Engineering and Manufacturing," College House Enterprises, 2002.
- Cunniff, P.F., J.W. Dally, J.W. Herrmann, L.C. Schmidt, and G. Zhang, "Product Engineering and Manufacturing," College House Enterprises, L.L.C., Knoxville, TN, 1998.
- Remmers, G.M., G.J. O’Hara, and P.F. Cunniff, “Review: Dynamic Design Analysis Method DDAM,” Shock & Vibration, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 461-476, 1996.