- Ph.D., Lehigh University, 1991
- M.S., Lehigh University, 1986
- B.S., Lafayette College, 1984
- Associate Editor, IEEE Components and Packaging Technologies
- Co-organizer of Symposium N: Microelectronics and Microsystem Packaging, Materials Research Society Spring Meeting (2001)
- Organizing Committee and Short Course Director, Fifth International High Temperature Electronics Conference (June 2000)
- Member, NSF Proposal Review Panel on Materials Processing and Manufacturing
- Technical Program Chair, IMAPS International Conference on High Temperature Electronics, (2004, 2006, 2008)
- Technical Program Committee for SIA Int'l Conference on Automotive Power Electronics (2009)
- Organizing Committee for the CIPS Conference (2010, 2012)
- Organizing Committee for IMAPS European High Temperature Electronics Conference (2009, 2011)
High temperature and high power electronics packaging, materials, and reliability
- P. Quintero, F. P. McCluskey, "Silver-Indium Transient Liquid Phase Sintering for High Temperature Die Attachment," J. Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging, Vol. 6, pp. 66-74. (2009).
- R. W. Chang and F. P. McCluskey, "Reliability Assessment of Indium Solder for Low Temperature Electronic Packaging," Cryogenics, 49 (11), pp. 630-634 (2009).
- F. P. McCluskey, M. Dash, Z. Wang, and D. Huff, "Reliability of High Temperature Solder Alternatives," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 46, No. 9-11, pp. 1910-1914 (2006).
- Chandrasekaran and F. P. McCluskey, "Effect of Green Molding Compounds on High Temperature Wirebond Reliability," Micromaterials and Nanomaterials, Issue 3. Vol. 2004. pp. 134-143, (2004).
- K. Meyyappan, P. McCluskey, and L. Chen, "Thermomechanical Analysis of Gold-Based SiC Die Attach Assembly," IEEE Trans Device and Materials Reliability, Vol. 3, No. 4. pp. 152-158, (2003).
- McCluskey, F.P., "Fatigue and Intermetallic Formation in Lead Free Soldier Die Attach," Proceedings of IPACK'01, The Pacific Rim/ASME International Electronic Packaging Technical Conference and Exhibition, July 9-13, 2001, Kauai, HI.
- McCluskey, F.P., "A Web-Based Graduate Course on the Mechanical Design of High Temperature and High Power Electronics," Proceedings of the Electronic Component and Technology Conference, Lake Buena Vista, FL, May 30, 2001, pp. 397-400.
- McCluskey, F.P., K. Mensah, C. O'Connor, and A. Gallo, " Reliable Use of Commercial Technology in High Temperature Environments," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 40, pp. 1671-1678 (2000).
- McCluskey, F.P., Y.D. Kweon, H.J. Lee, J.W. Kim, and H.S. Jeon, "Method for Assessing Remaining Life in Electronics Assembles," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 293-306 (2000).
- Palli, N., S. Azarm, F.P. McCluskey, and R. Sundararajan, "An Interactive Multistage e-Inequality Constraint Method for Multiple Objectives Decision Making," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 120, pp. 678-686 (December 1998).
- R.R. Grzybowski and F.P. McCluskey, "High Temperature Performance of Polymer Film Capacitors," Journal of Microelectronic Packaging, Vol. 1, pp. 153-158 (1998).
- McCluskey, P., F. Lilie, O. Beysser, A. Gallo, “Low Temperature Delamination of Plastic Encapsulated Microcircuits,” Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 38, No. 12, pp. 1829-1834 (December 1998).
- McCluskey, F.P., E.B, Hakim, J. Fink, A. Fowler, and M. Pecht, “Reliability Assessment of Electronic Components Exposed to Long-Term Non-Operating Conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Part A, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 352-360 (June 1998).
- McCluskey, F.P., M.B. Wright, and D. Humphrey, "Uprating Electronic for Use Outside their Temperature Specifications Limits," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology, Part A, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 252-256 (1997).
- McCluskey, F.P., D. Das, J. Jordan, R.R. Grzybowski, J. Fink, L. Condra, and T.C. Torri, "Packaging of Electronics for High Temperature Applications," The International Journal of Microcircuits and Electronic Packaging, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 409-423 (1997).
- McCluskey, F.P., R. Munamarty, and M. Pecht, "Popcorning in PBGA Packages During IR Reflow Soldering," Microelectronics International, No. 42, pp. 20-23 (1997).
- McCluskey, F.P., R.R. Grzybowski, and T.F. Podlesak, eds., "High Temperature Electronics," CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL (1996).
UMD Engineering Receives $22.8M from U.S. Army to Collaboratively Advance Additive Manufacturing TechnologyThe University of Maryland College Park's research partnership with the U.S. Army Research Laboratory will establish an ecosystem for revolutionary additive manufacturing technology and concepts to expedite national readiness and response.
Other professional society fellows
- International Microelectronics and Packaging Society